20th Advocates' Retreat and Conference
The Power of the Collective Voice: 20 Years of Advocacy
May 7-8, 2018 ♦ Rehoboth Beach, DE
This year, the Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence (DCADV) celebrates hosting our 20th Advocates’ Retreat and Conference! DCADV is now seeking workshop proposals for this year’s event. This action-oriented conference brings together victims/survivors, advocates and victim service providers to connect, share information, and engage in critical thinking analysis about efforts needed to address and prevent intimate partner violence, family violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and/or stalking.
What kinds of workshops are we looking for?
Workshops should enhance the skills of participants in building and/or strengthening collaborations and improving advocacy, practices, policies, programming and services. We encourage proposals that involve creative teaching methods and utilize adult learning concepts. Workshops must include interactive elements and cannot use only lecture style. Preference will be given to workshop topics that embody the theme “The Power of the Collective Voice: 20 Years of Advocacy” and/or address the following areas:
- Meeting the needs of culturally-specific/underserved populations
- Innovative/best practices in intervention services for victims and/or abusers
- Emerging issues and practices in domestic violence
- Trauma and trauma-informed care
- Domestic violence and the criminal and/or civil justice system
- The effects of domestic violence/trauma on children
- Challenges in victim advocacy (i.e. self-care, setting boundaries, values clarification, etc.)
- Evidence-based prevention models and strategies
We recognize that the roots of domestic violence and trauma are grounded in issues of power and privilege, and encourage workshops that use an intersectional, anti-oppression framework, and address issues like racial or gender equity.
How do you submit a workshop proposal?
Workshop proposals may be submitted online no later than Friday, January 19, 2018 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DCADV2018.
If you are unable to submit your proposal online, please prepare and send a proposal (to email@example.com) that contains the following information:
- Title of proposed workshop
- Presenters’ name(s) and contact information (organization, title, address, email, phone)
- Biography of Presenter(s) (100 words maximum)
- Workshop abstract (50-75 words to be used in conference materials)
- Detailed workshop description (500 word maximum)
- Session Learning Objectives (minimum of three)
- Audio/Visual Needs
*All workshops will be 90 minutes in length. We will also consider multi-part workshops with opportunities for extended application and interaction.
Please contact DCADV's Training, Outreach, and Prevention Team at 302.658.2958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.