Administrative & Communication Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Operations
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative and Communication Specialist performs a highly diversified range of duties to help facilitate the efficient operation of DCADV’s office and the Communication team. The position requires a broad skill set and ability to work both independently and as a team member. The Administrative and Communication Specialist is often the first voice and face the public interacts with when contacting DCADV; therefore, the ideal candidate is a friendly, dynamic, organized "information manager" committed to DCADV’s philosophy and mission. The Administrative and Communication Specialist has the opportunity to participate in a wide range of tasks that support DCADV’s efforts to prevent and end domestic violence.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan and coordinate special events and development efforts, including the annual Purple Ribbon Event, Annual Meeting, and other special events;
• Assist in producing, updating, and distributing a variety of print and electronic materials, including maintaining DCADV’s website and social media accounts;
• Perform data entry and database maintenance and assist in donation documentation and acknowledgement
• Train and provide assistance to staff and interns regarding technology support, office procedures and equipment;
• Provide administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director, and other staff as appropriate;
• Provide staff support for the DCADV Board and some committee meetings, including coordinating meeting arrangements, taking minutes, distributing memos and other pertinent communications as assigned;
• Provide support for financial tasks as needed, including tracking expenses and reconciling databases;
• Serve as the liaison with various vendors;
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and resource materials;
• Answer telephones and route calls and messages appropriately;
• Assist in coordinating and supporting volunteers and interns;
• Provide staff support to and serve as an active member of the Communications & Development Committee
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; Associate degree and minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Experienced with traditional and social media, event planning, and marketing;
• Demonstrated skills in databases and Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint;
• Experience with Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Giftworks, website design and management;
• Knowledge of PC software and hardware and other office equipment;
• Experience balancing multiple tasks and ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects within deadlines;
• Capable of working both independently and as a team member;
• Ability to take initiative and creatively problem-solve while seeking appropriate input as required;
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relations with a diverse group of individuals and organizations;
• Editing and proofreading skills a plus; and
• Access to transportation, as occasional in-state travel is required.
DCADV is a statewide, nonprofit, systems and social change advocacy agency located in Wilmington, DE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. DCADV is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.