Help is available for victims/survivors at every step of the way. There are victim service providers located in each level of the court system to provide information and support.
Services may include:
- Short-term crisis counseling
- Providing information about the criminal justice system and updates on a case
- Safety planning
- Emotional support
- Go with victims to court proceedings
- Assistance with filing for a Protection from Abuse Order (PFA) or for Victims' Compensation (VCAP)
- Referral to other community resources
Toll Free Line: 1-800-870-1790
New Castle County: 302-577-8500
Kent County: 302-257-3293
Sussex County: 302-752-3263
Para assistencia en Español: 877-851-0482
Probation and Parole Victim Services
New Castle County: 302-323-6050 ext. 220
Kent County: 302-674-7193
The Victims’ Compensation Assistance Program (VCAP) can provide financial assistance to help cover the costs of a variety of services that help victims and their families begin to rebuild their lives, including lost wages, medical expenses, payment for mental health counseling, and funeral expenses.
Victims can obtain information about criminal cases and the custody status of offenders. Victim Advocates can also help people get registered for notification.
Helps notify victims when protective orders have been served against a respondent