Advocates' Retreat and Conference
SAVE THE DATE!
"Balancing Healing & Justice: Restoring Ourselves and Our Community"
May 6-7, 2019
Atlantic Sands Hotel and Conference Center
Rehoboth Beach, DE
The Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence (DCADV) is seeking workshop proposals for our 21st Advocates’ Retreat and Conference in May 2019! Each year, this action-oriented conference brings together survivors, advocates, and victim service providers to connect, share information, and engage in critical thinking analysis about efforts needed to address and prevent intimate partner violence, family violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and/or stalking.
Workshop proposals being sought include, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Increasing access, services, and support for culturally-specific/underserved populations
- Multi-cultural healing traditions and alternative healing methods for individuals, communities, and service providers
- Strategies grounded in racial, economic, and social justice that address privilege and take into account the intersecting impact of multiple forms of oppression
- Community accountability and response approaches (i.e. coordinated community response teams (CCRs), innovative court responses, and transformative or restorative justice models)
- Innovative/emerging best practices in intervention services for victims/survivors and/or offenders
- Trauma and trauma-informed care at the individual and/or organizational levels
- The effects of domestic violence/trauma on children and adolescents
- Challenges in victim advocacy (i.e. self-care, setting boundaries, values clarification, etc.)
- Evidence-based prevention models and strategies
Preference will be given to workshop proposals that:
- Enhance the skills of participants in building and/or strengthening collaborations and improving advocacy, practices, policies, programming and services.
- Are interactive and incorporate adult learning principles
- Align with the theme of “Balancing Healing and Justice: Restoring Ourselves and Our Community”
- Proposals are due to DCADV via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Retreat19 by Friday, January 11, 2019.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the 2019 Retreat Planning Advisory Committee and presenters will be notified by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- If selected, workshop presenters will be asked to confirm their participation by Friday, February 8, 2019.
- All workshop materials (presentations and related handouts/resources) will be due to DCADV by Monday, March 11, 2019.
This program is funded through the Delaware Criminal Justice Council by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Family Violence Prevention and Services Program.