The Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence (DCADV) is seeking workshop proposals for our 2021 Virtual Advocates’ Retreat and Conference Series! Each year, this action-oriented conference brings together survivors, advocates, and victim service providers to connect, share information, and engage in critical thinking analysis about efforts needed to address and prevent intimate partner violence, family violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and/or stalking. For the health and safety of all involved, we've moved this year's conference online in a series of webinars over the spring/summer of 2021.
Call for Workshop Proposals
Workshop proposals being sought include, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Advanced concepts related to trauma-informed care and victim services
- Organizational trauma
- Impact of secondary traumatic stress on advocates/services providers
- Innovative approaches for service provision during the COVID-19 crisis
- Increasing access, services, and support for culturally-specific/underserved populations
- Strategies for working at the intersection of domestic violence, mental health, and substance use disorders
- Racial justice and its relationship to victim advocacy and prevention
- Evidence-based prevention models and strategies
- Strategies to strengthen economic supports and promote economic justice
- Delaware-specific tools/resources to promote victim safety and wellbeing
- Innovative approaches to abuse intervention services
- Best practices/core skills for hotline service providers
Deadline extended! Proposals will be accepted through Monday, February 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Proposals may be submitted electronically by clicking the button below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar series is funded through the Delaware Criminal Justice Council by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office of Victims of Crime.