Please find our current open positions listed below. If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
We currently have one open position.
Director of Communications and Development
This full time position is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of DCADV Communications and Development activities. The Director will work in partnership with the Executive Director and members of the DCADV staff and board to support and facilitate achievement of the organization’s goals with regard to communications and fund development.
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Classification: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Executive Director, Leadership Team, and Communications and Development Committee and staff to create and implement a communications and development plan.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of special events.
• Lead the organization’s effort to increase both individual and corporate donor giving.
• Prepare grant applications for submission to foundations and other funding sources.
• Provide supervision to the Training & Outreach Coordinator, Administrative & Communications Specialist, and interns.
• Coordinate training, outreach, awareness events.
• Plan, coordinate and oversee media campaigns, DCADV’s web site, and social media.
• Build and sustain relationships with media outlets and individual members of the media on behalf of DCADV including maintaining a comprehensive, updated media list.
• Plan, coordinate and oversee production and maintenance of all print publications.
• Build relationships with community stakeholders.
• Work with the Executive Director and staff to prepare progress and financial reports.
• Work with Member Organizations to assist in communications and development efforts.
• Oversee volunteer and intern efforts; serve as first point of contact
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
• Minimum of five years’ experience in communications and development related positions;
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in related field preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated experience work in staff supervision;
• Experience in grant writing and responding to funding applications;
• Expertise in developing and maintaining relationships with the media;
• Experience organizing and executing special events;
• Proficiency in directing successful annual giving campaigns;
• Knowledge/experience in engaging major donors;
• Knowledge/experience in creating donor data bases;
• Experience in website management and social networking;
• Demonstrated program development and project management skills;
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft products
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently;
• Ability to work as part of a team and engage in consensus-informed decision-making.
To apply: Please send a cover letter of interest with highlighted accomplishments along with resume and salary requirements (required) via email to address email@example.com. Interviews (phone and in person) will commence as soon as possible. No calls, please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Compensation: The Coalition offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
DCADV IS A STATEWIDE, NON-PROFIT, SYSTEMS AND SOCIAL CHANGE ADVOCACY AGENCY LOCATED IN WILMINGTON, DE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, disability, or veteran’s status, and being victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking, family responsibility, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, it is available upon request. DCADV is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.