Positions will be posted as vacancies arise. If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you!
Prevention Policy Specialist
Reports to: RPE Program Manager
Summary: This full-time position is a member of the Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence (DCADV) Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) project team and provides support on a variety of DCADV initiatives. The Prevention Policy Specialist will work with DCADV’s RPE Program Manager, Director of Prevention, and Director of Advocacy & Policy on prevention policy initiatives related to prevention of domestic and sexual violence. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in domestic and sexual violence prevention and/or public policy and a commitment to ending gender-based violence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with planning, implementation and evaluation of DCADV’s financial empowerment efforts, including coordination with DCADV’s Allstate and DELTA Impact projects;
- Assist with providing training on topics related to prevention, policy and systems advocacy;
- Participate on DCADV’s economic justice team and provide staff support to the Economic Opportunities for Women project steering committee, including engaging and supporting partners, scheduling and facilitating meetings and preparing and disseminating meeting materials;
- Provide support to the DCADV Policy Committee and the Director of Advocacy & Policy on economic policy and prevention policy efforts;
- Provide assistance in the research and analysis of economic public policy at the local, state, and federal levels;
- Provide technical assistance to sexual violence organizations, advocates and community partners on issues related to sexual violence prevention and policy;
- Identify emerging prevention policy issues through networking with other community, state, and national organizations;
- Represent DCADV at meetings and collaborate with partners on local and statewide issue task forces, work groups, and committees to improve economic opportunities for women and promote prevention efforts;
- Write reports and other documents related to DCADV’s RPE project;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public policy, public health, women’s studies or related field;
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic/sexual violence and a commitment to ending violence against women;
- Understanding of policy issues related to domestic and sexual violence prevention, especially those related to economic justice or public health and experience researching and reviewing best practices and model policies;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Training and/or public speaking experience;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects within deadlines;
- Experience in administrative support or document and information management;
- Willingness and ability to constructively confront issues of gender, race, ability and oppression and a commitment to diversity and an ability to work with a variety of persons;
- Advanced technology skills, including, proficiency in Windows (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and online communications; and
- Access to personal transportation & a willingness to travel.
To apply: Please send a cover letter of interest with highlighted accomplishments along with resume and salary requirements (required) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews (phone and in person) will commence as soon as possible. No phone calls, please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
DCADV is a statewide, non-profit, systems and social change advocacy agency located in Wilmington, DE.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, disability, or veteran’s status, and being victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking, family responsibility, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, it is available upon request. DCADV is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.