Please find our current open positions listed below. If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you!
We currently have one open position.
Reports To: Training & Outreach Coordinator
The Training Specialist will assist the Training & Outreach Coordinator in planning, implementing and presenting trainings, activities, and conferences on domestic violence to advocates, survivors, social service providers, law enforcement and community members. The Training Specialist will collaborate with Coalition staff and partners on a variety of training and prevention initiatives and will have primary responsibility for project implementation for initiatives related to engaging men and boys in violence prevention and economic empowerment for survivors. The Training Specialist will participate in outreach activities and public awareness events and provide representation on DCADV committees and task forces. The Training Specialist is a member of the Training, Outreach & Prevention team.
• Deliver a variety of in-person and online trainings on DV, prevention and related topics for DV program staff, allied professionals, and community members.
• Revise and/or develop curricula, prepare training materials, create informational resources, and liaison with sponsoring agencies.
• Maintain training materials, resources, records, and training calendar.
• Analyze and summarize training evaluations and prepare training statistics and reports.
• Assist with the DV Specialist Certification program, including identifying training and educational opportunities
• Provide support to the DELTA Impact project team with prevention programming, including training on prevention principles, and online training offerings to advance and support a prevention community of practice.
• Have primary responsibility to implement several prevention programming initiatives, including engaging men and boys in violence prevention and economic empowerment for survivors
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Expertise in domestic violence intervention and prevention; Delaware Domestic Violence Specialist Certification preferred;
• Bachelor’s degree in women’s studies, sociology, criminal justice or related field required;
• Knowledge of and proven experience with facilitation, training and/or public speaking;
• Ability to work independently and part of a team;
• Experience in managing multiple deadlines, event planning and/or training coordination;
• Willingness and ability to constructively confront issues of gender, race, ability and oppression and a commitment to diversity and an ability to work with a variety of persons
• Advanced technology skills, including, at a minimum, proficiency in Windows (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and online communications;
• Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.;
• Ability to travel statewide with access to personal means of reliable transportation required; and
• Occasional evening/weekend hours and/or out-of-state travel required.
To apply: Please send a cover letter of interest with highlighted accomplishments along with resume and salary requirements (required) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews (phone and in person) will commence as soon as possible. No calls, please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Compensation: The Coalition offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
DCADV IS A STATEWIDE, NON-PROFIT, SYSTEMS AND SOCIAL CHANGE ADVOCACY AGENCY LOCATED IN WILMINGTON, DE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, disability, or veteran’s status, and being victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking, family responsibility, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, it is available upon request. DCADV is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.