Positions will be posted as vacancies arise. If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you!
We have one open position.
Status: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations
Summary: The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support for the agency staff, including the Executive Director, Director of Finance & Operations, Leadership Team, and project teams. The Administrative Assistant is often the first voice and face the public interacts with when contacting the Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence (DCADV); therefore, the ideal candidate must be friendly, dependable, organized, resourceful, an excellent communicator, and committed to DCADV’s philosophy and mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Finance & Operations with operational duties, including serving as a liaison with various vendors;
- Provide administrative assistance to Leadership team and agency staff;
- Provide clerical support to the Executive Director, including scheduling meetings and handling related logistics;
- Manage DCADV’s reception area- answer the door and telephone; respond to general requests for information; respond to and route calls, emails and messages appropriately; organizing and restocking resources;
- Participate in staff meetings and take meeting notes;
- Provide assistance to staff regarding tech support and serve as the liaison with technology provider;
- Coordinate the purchase, maintenance, and servicing of office equipment;
- Train and assist staff and interns on office procedures and equipment;
- Compose and type reports, forms, spreadsheets, and related materials;
- Support and participate in trainings and committees as assigned;
- Help maintain office appearance, orderliness, and supply inventory;
- Coordinate and complete other tasks, as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Associate's degree and minimum of 3 years administrative support experience required, preferably in a nonprofit organization;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrated skills Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of PC software and hardware, as well as other office equipment;
- Experience balancing multiple tasks and ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects within deadlines;
- Capable of working both independently and as a team member;
- Ability to take initiative and creatively problem-solve while seeking appropriate input as required;
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relations with a diverse group of individuals and organizations;
- Access to transportation, as occasional in-state travel is required.
To apply: Email a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Administrative Assistant” in subject. Interviews (phone and in person) will commence as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.
DCADV is a statewide, non-profit, systems and social change advocacy agency located in Wilmington, DE.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, disability, or veteran’s status, and being victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking, family responsibility, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, it is available upon request. DCADV is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.