A Strong Economic Foundation: A Preventative Approach to SV/IPV
Recorded 05/08/2020; 60 minutes
During this webinar, we explore how economic justice initiatives are an integral part of our work to prevent sexual and intimate partner violence (SV/IPV). We examine the risk factors for and the effects of SV/IPV on the community. We also look at protective strategies that strengthen economic opportunities for women and girls that can lead to preventing SV/IPV. Finally, we discuss policies and programs put in place in Delaware and other states that focus on eliminating some of the risk factors for SV/IPV.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of sexual/intimate partner violence.
- Describe the impacts of sexual/intimate partner violence on individuals/communities.
- Identify the connections between increased economic opportunities and SV/IPV prevention.
- Nikki Kress, RPE Program Manager, DCADV
- Brooke Ophardt, Training & Prevention Specialist, DCADV
Helpful Links and Resources: