Empowerment Advocacy and the Unauthorized Practice of Law
Recorded 09/18/2018; 64 minutes
Have you ever wondered if the advocacy you engage in crosses any legal boundaries? Join us for a webinar where we will use an empowerment advocacy framework and explore how advocates can help survivors of domestic violence without engaging in the unauthorized practice of law.
- Sue Ryan, Executive Director, Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Zainab Shah, DVS, Training Specialist, Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define empowerment advocacy.
- Identify advocacy activities that may be considered unauthorized practice of law.
- Engage in appropriate legal, empowerment advocacy with victims/survivors.
Helpful Links and Resources: