Stopping Violence Before It Starts: Strategies for SV/IPV Prevention
Recorded 04/08/2020; 60 minutes
During this introductory-level webinar, we learn what primary prevention is and explore how it applies to our work in the field of domestic/sexual violence. We examine the risk factors that can lead to sexual violence and/or intimate partner violence. Finally, we discuss strategies that can be used to create safe and protective relationships and communities to stop the violence before it starts.
- Nikki Kress, RPE Program Manager, DCADV
- Brooke Ophardt, Training & Prevention Specialist, DCADV
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention as it applies to SV/IPV.
- Identify risk factors for perpetration of SV/IPV.
- Identify protective factors that reduce the risk of SV/IPV occurring.
Helpful Links and Resources: